It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

2-9
 Post subject: 2-9
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:40 pm 
Noob

Don't forget to accept / decline invites!

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

2-9
 Post subject: Re: 2-9
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:25 pm 
Noob

I accept the invite. I decline ur face

2-9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:42 am 
Noob

parses up from Omnotron and conclave. Let's engage in some constructive criticism. We have a long way to improve, given the number of random deaths we had last night.

If it helps us get started, start by beating up on my tanking. ;)

http://www.llewville.com/parses/2011

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

2-9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 am 
Noob

I'll get it started:

What the shit kind of fail death knight gets more damage out of PS than DS??? Jesus christ, way to make the healers work their asses off, dumbass. Maybe if you Death Struck more, we could three heal this fight, retardo.

edited to add -- no, i'm not expertise parry capped. since mobs don't parry haste anymore, it's purely a threat stat for me, unless i'm misunderstanding things. (armory currently shows me in my heroic gear, which is not hit-capped for raids).

edited to ask -- why are my bloodworms flat-out missing melee attacks? are they on the spell hit table?

2-9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:56 pm 
Noob

The primary problem is that you're as hard to heal as a clothie tanking.

Greater awareness of slimefaces (henceforth known as "Menaes") would be beneficial, especially when Toxie is in shield mode. DBM has a warning for when the Menaes are about to spawn. If we have a Hunter, a forst tarp in between Toxie and the rest of the raid would help.

I'm comfortable tanking Rohash the Sandface in the future. I believe my error was getting too close to him, which is apparently a no-no. I have a parachute cloak, so I might be slightly easier to heal than Cureorne. I'll leave that to the raid leader's discretion, though.

2-9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:35 pm 
Noob

I need to shockwave more often.

2-9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:04 pm 
Noob

Our efficiency could use some work -- I'll cover some DPS examples -- on Omnitron, 9:12 is unacceptable and overstresses tanks and healers (particularly healers). A successful kill for the high caliber of players that make up our group should be in the 6 minute range. Neph was the only one who did acceptable damage--with all the buffs available on this fight, I feel anything under 15k dps isn't acceptable. Yes, I know we 4 heal, but RDPS was 63k, and needs to be around 96k -- one person can't make up the 37k RDPS deficit.

Gear etc aside, improvements are in three general categories:

1) Situational awareness
-- always using blue goo whenever available (blue goo is for all DPS as well as healers)
-- Snares were poorly done on the slimes (Sojourner has a good opportunity to snare all 3 at once and needs to improve)
-- Does Camouflage work on the fire-beam-o-death targeting? I doubt it, but I'd like to test it.

2) Positioning
-- Arcanotron was nearly always moved too far out of the blue goo, making the +50% damage buff unusable for melee
-- Bosses in Poison whenever possible (+50% damage taken) -- this improved greatly in later attempts

3) Playing better
-- Using cooldowns whenever up; examples:
--> Oushmag used Feral Spirits 1 time, when 4 or 5 were available in a 9:12 time frame
-- Possum used Rapid Fire 2 times, when 4 were available (3 from timers, 1 from Readiness)
-- Sojourner used ghoul 0 times, when 3 were available
-- Heroism was not used (I didn't look that closely though)

Note 1: Not targeting anyone out, just looked at random examples.
Note 2: Critical statements aside, we're making great progress and have some stellar play as well. We have some very strong healing and some great awarenes in the interrupt & purge departments. Keep up the good work and keep making improvements!