All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Healing crew
 Post subject: Healing crew
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:40 pm 
Noob

Right now, our healing lineup consists of:

Smashcakes (solid as a rock)
Shiftycrantz (only Wednesdays)
Shockazuloo (unpredictable availability)
Meanie (unpredictable availability)
Oushmag (offspec)
Nedlives (offspec)

This leaves too much unpredictability in our healing roster for my taste. I am open to suggestions including people (including me) changing roles, or specs, or recruiting new people.

Edited to add: I'd prefer to stay tanking on my DK if at all possible, obviously. ;)

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

Healing crew
 Post subject: Re: Healing crew
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:55 pm 
Noob

Another possibility is changing one of our nights from Monday, but that would deprive some people of the chance to raid.

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

Healing crew
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 pm 
Boatswain

If I am not already saved I am usually good on Monday nights, never on Wednesdays.

Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Healing crew
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 pm 
Noob

Snowbound wrote:
If I am not already saved I am usually good on Monday nights, never on Wednesdays.

I will include you on future Monday invite lists. Please accept if you are available!

Healing crew
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:42 pm 
Noob

I have a healer, but my availability's not great either, particularly for Mondays. I'd generally be more available on non-Mondays if it makes a difference.

Sojourner's a capable tank, though, so it's not a straight trade-up there.

Healing crew
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:41 pm 
Noob

An update:

We still don't have enough people in the raid whose primary spec, gearing, and interest is healing. The content we are doing is unforgiving toward groups with this particular problem. I am leaning toward canceling raids entirely if we do not have 3 players available with healing-focused toons. Relying on off-spec healers has proven to be a problem, though certainly not our only problem.

Healing crew
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:43 am 
Noob

Aurorallew wrote:
An update:

We still don't have enough people in the raid whose primary spec, gearing, and interest is healing. The content we are doing is unforgiving toward groups with this particular problem. I am leaning toward canceling raids entirely if we do not have 3 players available with healing-focused toons. Relying on off-spec healers has proven to be a problem, though certainly not our only problem.

I came here to post something similar tonight.

It seems like even though we have other problems that could relieve healing stress, for various reasons, we don't have the throughput to stay competitive on progression content. It has more to do with gear and spec than talent, imo, but as Llew said, the content is unforgiving towards that end. What solutions do we have, outside of forcing folks to regear/refocus/respec?

Healing crew
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:28 pm 
Boatswain

Rosencrantz wrote:
What solutions do we have, outside of forcing folks to regear/refocus/respec?

Most healing problems that I have seen in cata really aren't healer issues, they are usually dps/tank issues. The first thing I would suggest is take a really good look at incoming damage and see if it can be predicted and mitigated with cool downs or simply avoided all together.

Downtime offspec heals help a lot too. Meaning if you have 10 seconds of nothing happening, help the healers out and throw some little hots or a circle of love on the floor.

Sometimes though it is the healers fault ... if they need to 'regear/refocus/respec?' .. if you aren't telling them you are doing the group a disservice but you are doing them a bigger disservice. You can't fix it if you don't know.

Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Healing crew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:24 pm 
Noob

internet set up. not tested with WoW yet, but i should be back to being solid. as a rock. o.o
~the cakes of smash~