It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
 Post subject: 2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:16 pm 
Noob

Please log in to accept / decline invites for these raids for the next two weeks. It makes my job of scheduling much easier if people do this as early as they can.

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
 Post subject: Re: 2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:40 am 
Boatswain

to far out to plan entertainment lol

Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 am 
Noob

http://www.llewville.com/parses/2011

let's get the talk going.

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:03 pm 
Noob

my dad is coming out to help me move on sunday so raiding next week will be extra iffy for me, just a heads up :p
prolly should find someone in advance for Monday/Wednesday in case.

-smashcakes-

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:13 pm 
Noob

parses are up from Wednesday night. Comments to follow.

http://www.llewville.com/parses/2011

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 pm 
Noob

Conclave wipe
-- Wwel dies when Smash pulls heal hate on failure by tank to explain positioning.

2 Dargen wipe 1
-- Oush dies to taking a meteor solo. Need to be grouped.
-- Shock dies to void zone, rezzes, then dies in the void zone again. Hurr. Cascading deaths following healer loss.

2 Dargen wipe 2
-- Rosen dies first to Curunir's engulfing magic, then to Shock's engulfing magic, cascading deaths following healer loss.

2 Dargen wipe 3
-- Oush dies to Dazzling Destruction (oy gevalt)
-- Confusion about Valiona's deep breath location leads to folks getting sent into void realm and dying, cascading deaths thereafter

2 Dargen wipe 4
-- Neph dies to solo meteorite
-- Ned dies to Deep Breath, then rosen and Wwel go down simultaneously because of Deep Breath issues it appears.

Ascendant council wipe
-- Smashcakes dies early in phase 3 to the lightning, cascading deaths from aoe damage / Gravity Crush thereafter.

Lessons:
1) Tank should have told Smash what he was doing with positioning. :)
2) Need to better execute positioning WRT meteors / void zones / engulfing magic during Theralion.
3) I think we have positioning for Deep Breaths settled, but will continue to monitor this
4) Ascendant council -- probably want to keep ranged DPS spread out to minimize chain lightning, and do a mickey mouse (think KelThuzad) setup for melee on the monstrosity. Chain lightning prefers ranged targets, so ranged should probably max range and spread out. It's an all-out healing spam fest here (think heroic Anub phase 3), both aoe heals and spam single target on Gravity Crush. The whole thing actually seems very much like Anub p.3.
5) Should consider having Arroll tank Elementium Monstrosity, since it's easier for me to just switch to Unholy presence and dps a little. shrug.
6) Do we want to pop Armies on Elementium Monstrosity? Gives him some alternate targets for lightning.

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:32 pm 
Noob

come on, guys! chime in! I AM NOT GOOD AT WARSCRAFTING AND NEED YOUR HELP.

Please look at the parses and give some feedback on what I and others could improve upon.

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:53 pm 
Noob

For one thing, damage needs to be a lot more even on each pair, which means everyone needs to be more aware of boss health. We keep getting the Elementium Monstrosity with 30% or more, and we don't have the healing or DPS necessary to get over that hurdle.

I've heard that some groups don't even bother spreading the fire and ice buffdebuff around. Given that the DPS race doesn't begin until phase 3, that makes sense. It's difficult to spread the fire buff to ranged since we tend to be spread out more, and Feludius is always higher in health. I realize burning Ignacious's shield down is important, so ranged could be better about switching targets earlier (or at least I could). At the very least, the melee group is going to have to back off if they're pulling too far ahead.

It's really difficult to maintain any sort of a formation in phase two because of how chaotic everything is. We spend the whole phase running after tornadoes or gravity wells, and ranged have to chase Arion all over the place. I think familiarity will make more of a difference than anything else.

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:25 pm 
Noob

I agree that it isn't worth spreading the fire and ice debuffs. One thing we should note is that *if* a range gets the ice debuff and spreads it to the melee; Ignatius will be way lower than Feludius. We should be sure to specifically not spread this to melee so that we do not need to call out for melee to completely halt damage.

We are having a lot of deaths in phase 2. Most of them are due to mismanagement of the tornado and gravity well debuffs. I saw a few of them occur due to [Erruption] which is the melee spikes around Terrastra. I dont know if we have set dps assignments; but due to this we should have melee on Arion and range on Terrastra.

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:35 pm 
Noob

I believe eruption is avoidable. The problem with putting melee on Airon is that he blinks and ports all over the place, hurting DPS uptime. Shrug. The tank is supposedly able to kite terrastra out of the Eruption, also, so that might be the best idea.

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:23 pm 
Noob

Feorne wrote:
I agree that it isn't worth spreading the fire and ice debuffs. One thing we should note is that *if* a range gets the ice debuff and spreads it to the melee; Ignatius will be way lower than Feludius. We should be sure to specifically not spread this to melee so that we do not need to call out for melee to completely halt damage.

Just curious, because I only had one attempt and wasn't sure what was going on around me...is the shield still easily downable w/o debuffs?

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:17 pm 
Noob

Performance last night was good, after we got a few pulls in. The key to the Council is to be safe rather than sorry. I got lightning rod twice in a row so I just stood off to the side by myself doing nothing for about 30 seconds. Better to do 0 DPS than kill a third of the raid.

That said, the kill was, uh... very close, which may indicate a gearing deficit. Consequently, I'd suggest putting off bashing our heads against the end bosses until we're in better shape (and maybe the Council too). Our next goal should be getting 5/6 in BWD. Maloriak shouldn't be too difficult, and I'm sure we get get Atramedes with some effort. Chimaeron looks to be very healing intensive.

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:54 pm 
Noob

N/A wrote:
Performance last night was good, after we got a few pulls in. The key to the Council is to be safe rather than sorry. I got lightning rod twice in a row so I just stood off to the side by myself doing nothing for about 30 seconds. Better to do 0 DPS than kill a third of the raid.

I concur. From a healer's perspective, it's better that raid members do this, even if it means eating a quake or lightning, because that can be healed through. Insta-gibbing or near-deaths for half the raid is not. The fight seems to be set up so lightning rod and tank spike damage should be the major 'healable' part of the second phase.

N/A wrote:
That said, the kill was, uh... very close, which may indicate a gearing deficit. Consequently, I'd suggest putting off bashing our heads against the end bosses until we're in better shape (and maybe the Council too). Our next goal should be getting 5/6 in BWD. Maloriak shouldn't be too difficult, and I'm sure we get get Atramedes with some effort. Chimaeron looks to be very healing intensive.

I agree. I thank llew for backing off Al'Akir for now, but yes, I think we should be in 'gearing' mode a little bit more now, clearing up to NEAR end bosses (maybe getting a few pulls in for kicks, like w/Cho'Gall last night).

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:59 pm 
Noob

Couple things:

1) I agree with your strategy toward content selection, and have actually been pursuing it.

2) Really need folks to accept or reject invites on the calendar, including for Tuesday runs.

2-28, 3-2, 3-7, 3-9
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:41 pm 
Noob

Aurorallew wrote:
2) Really need folks to accept or reject invites on the calendar, including for Tuesday runs.