It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
This week's raids
 Post subject: This week's raids
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:54 am 
Noob

I'd encourage anyone interested in raiding with our team to sign up on this week's raid calendar or or contact me this week. Our team has been unable to field a full, competent team consistently for about a month now.

If we aren't able to do this, i'm going to pursue other options, which would include possibly merging with another team, or just flat out dissolving our team and allowing people to seek their fortunes where they may.

I don't want this to happen, since we've traditionally been much more aggressive and successful than our candidate groups to merge with. But if enough people aren't interested in raiding consistently, I'll have to find another solution.

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

This week's raids
 Post subject: Re: This week's raids
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:55 pm 
Noob

Running late there w/in 15

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

This week's raids
 Post subject: Re: This week's raids
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 pm 
Noob

Why tonight's raid was canceled (and no, it has nothing to do with my being late, which every one of you has done before, and unlike me, havent' always used these boards to give notice):

1) I had multiple people saying they'd join the raid only if x and y conditions were met. If i were raid leading in order to play Penny Press logic puzzles and determine who the tallest member of the Highvale High basketball team was, I would do that. Instead, I'm raid leading in order to lead raids. If you want to raid, join the raid. If you don't, don't.

2) I had at least one person get saved to an instance over the weekend because he didn't think we would be raiding tonight, then show up and try to raid. It's like giving your dog cancer and then planning a birthday party for him.

3) We didn't have enough healers or tanks. One potential healer had already been saved to another instance. One potential tank doesnt like tanking.

4) When I expressed these concerns, I was told simply to run another instance, or have so and so swap toons, or ex and such, all of which are things for a raid leader to consider, and all of which I had already done.

I like to raid. I like a raid of 10 people who commit themselves to that raid on one toon. It's become very hard to make this happen. Perhaps Tuesday and Wednesday will prove more successful, with new content for people to do. I certainly hope they do.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]