[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Ministry of Happy • View topic - Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (normal)
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (normal)
 Post subject: Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (normal)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:23 pm 
Noob

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

Post subject: Re: Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (normal)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 pm 
Noob

My first assignment for folks regarding this fight is this:

Go do Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients a few times to get used to the siege vehicles. Some of their abilities / targeting mechanisms are very similar to the vehicles we're using in this fight.

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:58 pm 
Noob

Hope folks have at least had a chance to visit either Wintergrasp or Strand of the Ancients and get a sense of the vehicles we'll be using in this fight.

I need volunteers for the five jobs.

Siege Engine Driver (2)

Demolisher Driver (2)

Chopper Driver (2)

Siege Engine Passenger / Gunner (2)

Demolisher Passenger / Gunner (2)

Eventually, for achievements, everyone will want to be able to do every job. But for now, and focusing on hard modes, I want people to find one role in which they are most comfortable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:44 am 
Noob

Haven't heard boo from anyone as to roles they'd prefer to do in this fight. Please let me know.

Here is the excellent Strat Fu page. Please read it closely as you decide what role you would like.

http://www.stratfu.com/strats/FlameLeviathan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:28 am 
Noob

Though the UI says it was hard mode, this is actually normal mode, despite their getting the achievements. Watch on HD -- very informative.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:08 pm 
Noob

I think I can wear maybe 4 ilev 213 items from various sets. I assume the people driving vehicles should be the people with highest ilev gear, to get the best vehicle stats. Maybe it doesn't really matter. I have no idea. I don't care what I do. I support whatever lets us get past this fight as quickly as possible.

Given the ilev mechanics, it seems the fastest way to do the hard modes with this fight would be to farm the rest of the instance. But maybe .. eh .. guess we'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:35 pm 
Noob

Just a follow up on the ilevel / vehicle stats conversion. It has some weirdnesses:

1) your character must be wearing a shirt. Yes, that's weird.
2) Trinkets and offhand frills do not count (that means an i213 1hander is better than a i200 staff)\

EDIT: Zy, my naxx never seemed as epic. Probably lacked enough Frenchies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:10 pm 
Boatswain

I crafted all the ilevel 213 Icebane pieces for myself. I can craft for our platewearers as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:27 am 
Boatswain

From reading the strat, I would assume that Demolisher passengers are melee DPS. If this is correct, then that would imply Zyger and myself, or Soj and Arroll using secondary specs.

Edit: We can add Zandar or Ned (is secondary spec is Feral) to that list.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 am 
Noob

no, jordi -- spec is irrelevant here, except when you're flying up on the leviathan's back, or if you're a healer and in the chopper running around healing people -- neither of which is necessary for a normal-mode win.

your role is determined by the vehicle / seat you're in, like Ley-Guardian Eregos in Oculus.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:52 am 
Boatswain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:32 am 
Noob

Oh, sorry. Sleepiness fart.

I plan to do passengers (in a full raid, which we do not yet have) as 2 dps and 2 healers.

Each time we, uh, mount him, we'll send 1 healer and 1 dps.

Since I haven't had anyone at all volunteer for any positions, I don't know who's doing what yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:33 am 
Noob

I might as well start off doing siege driver.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:50 am 
Noob

I'll volunteer to be the healer who gets launched onto FL's back, so that makes me a demolisher passenger.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:59 am 
Boatswain

Chopper Driver