[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Ministry of Happy • View topic - Strategy and Discussion: Iron Council (various modes)
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Strategy and Discussion: Iron Council (various modes)
 Post subject: Strategy and Discussion: Iron Council (various modes)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:33 am 
Noob

Iron Council difficulty depends on who dies first.

Link:
http://www.stratfu.com/strats/IronCouncil

Tankspot guide to Iron Council (pretty good):

Normal strat in a nutshell:
Warrior or DK tanks are ideal for tanking Stormcaller "Dwarf Midget" Brundir and Runemaster "Viking Boy" Molgeim separate and deeper in the room, interrupting Brundir's Chain Lightning (but -not- Overload) and then later the Lightning Whirls after Molgeim dies, while the raid first kills "Big Fatty" Steelbreaker near the entrance to the room. Then, Molgeim is taunted off and pulled over to where Steelbreaker was just killed, keeping Brundir deeper in the back. Once Molgeim is dead, Brundir is killed where the warrior has been tanking all along. Then Sojourner rolls on healing cloth.

Few key points:
- Giagantic green rune on ground under Viking Boy Molgeim = green fire = don't stand in fire
- Blue rune = good buff rune! = Steelbreaker tank drags Steelbreaker off a little bit so melee can stand in good, healthy, blue rune fire

Post subject: Re: Strategy and Discussion: Iron Council (various modes)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 am 
Noob

Forgot about this one:
'Shield of Runes' that Runemaster casts / buffs himself with starting after he takes 50k damage. We healed/tanked through it (go healers), but it should be dispelled or purged, especially when we start the harder modes.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=62274#comments

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:58 am 
Noob

speaking of which --

don't have to kill steelbreaker last for the discs to drop. if you kill middle one last, they drop also:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1468&sid=1

That said, runemaster last is almost as bad as steelbreaker. He summons void zones (5k damage every half second to anyone within 13 yards of zone) and summons lightning elementals that randomly rush a raid member and explode for 15k damage.

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:46 pm 
Noob

here's a vid of a DK tank on 25-man killing Steelbreaker last. He dies once during the fight, and it seems like they have several folks taunting to eat the fusion punch debuff.

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm 
Noob

We're going to need some AoE slows for I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim (Iron Council "medium" mode, killing Molgeim last).

Earthbind works, and so does Glyph of Hurricane for Ned.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Glyph_of_Hurricane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:17 pm 
Noob

Hurricane is nearly 3k mana per cast, which gets significantly mitigated in constant actual aoe situations with clearcasting procs, but keeping it up vs a single moving target with only 20% slow and no expected clearcasting might oom Ned very quickly.

Just something to be aware of, if trying to implement a glyphed hurricane strat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:20 pm 
First Mate

yes, chain casting hurricane is about the only way I go oom nowadays. There is a chance of clearcasting with each hurricane, and I have innervate, and mana pots. I may try it out on a practice dummy to see how long I can go with out going oom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 pm 
Noob

It's only 20% slow, so I believe the mob will be running through the diameter of the spell well prior to the 10-second duration end, even if you manage to place the spell perfectly to get a full 16 yards of slow.

I'd suggest trying it out on one of the elite giant things on the wall in icecrown (since they can easily be rooted for controlled test resets), to see how much duration you can expect to get per cast, as well as how fast you'll be running oom trying to keep hurricane on a mob.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:32 am 
Noob

May want to put IC medium on the fast track, because if we do any of the Keepers' hard modes (we were only 24 seconds off on Hodir tonight) before we have done IC medium or hard, we have to backtrack and do the keeper on hard a second time for the quest item.

IC drops item that starts the quest, allowing keepers to drop Algalon quest item sigils.

No big deal, since we need to kill hard modes for gearz anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:36 am 
Noob

Yeah, I am thinking very much about pushing IC medium, but I don't know of a sufficient strategy to handle the elemental pillars yet. Re-reading the comments above, I've read the elementals are immune to nature somewhere, so I don't think that'd work. I want to know how many spawn and at what rate, and if the pillars close or if they keep spawning elementals until he is dead, etc. I haven't seen any info on that. I'll dig around for videos when it's not so late.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:07 am 
Noob

Regarding IC hard, there's a few things I neglected to mention:

-- First, Steelbreaker gains something after 1 supercharge: [1 Supercharge] Static Disruption - Inflicts 3,500 (Heroic: 7,000) Nature damage to enemies in 6 yards radius area. Also increases Nature damage taken by 25% (Heroic: 75%) for 20 seconds.

It's difficult finding firm information on this, but I believe it's a targeted effect. Therefore as much as possible it's recommended having folks stay at least 6 yards away from each other, else multiple people will get targeted, making his High Voltage (An aura that inflicts 1,500 to the whole raid every 3 seconds) much more stressful to heal.

Secondly, who is killed first is still up for deliberation. Brundir's good because he becomes easy to lock down and will not gain any benefit to Static Disruption (Multiple folks under Disruption + Lightning Whirl ticks is massive damage), plus, it removes Overload from the encounter early. Plus achievement, if we get all the interrupts.

However, Molgeim being killed first is also a good choice; it removes Rune of Death from the encounter early. One thing I want to discuss however is Shield of Runes. This ability is technically preventable -- here's how it works. He will cast Shield of Runes (a 1.5sec cast). After cast, he has a dispellable/purgeable/tranqable buff on him called Shield of Runes. If 20k damage is done to Molgeim once Shield of Runes is up on him, his damage output is increased by 50%. This means he hits like a train; we normally heal through it, but it's totally unnecessary. If we have folks just...stop..for a moment for a purge/tranqs to go through, it'll take a lot of stress off the Molgeim/Brundir healer(s). It's very tight, as 20k damage is super easy to do -- really have to be on the ball and stop DPS when he is casting it.

Thirdly, regarding: [2 Supercharges] Electrical Charge - Increases Steelbreaker's damage by 25% and heals him for 20% of his maximum hit points whenever a player or a pet dies. Affected by healing reduction effects.

Note this part: Increases Steelbreaker's damage by 25%. After 2 tank deaths, Fusion Punch alone will hit for 31,725 with no ticks assuming no partial resists from NR aura. 3 deaths, 37,012. That will usually be an instagib. So, cooldowns are again going to be critical on Steelbreaker. Up to the first death (me) isn't overly critical. The second tank will most likely want to use 1 cooldown per punch until he dies. The 3rd tank (me again) better have AMS/IBF saved up or else it'll be instagibtastic. Also, this means no one can die.

It may be possible to 2-heal the fight. However, having a 3rd healer (rosen) would be useful because rosen can hover over swiftmend and smack it once Punch goes through. This also reduces the possibility of incidental damage causing problems, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:11 am 
Gunner

Static Disruption is a targeted ability. He will cast it on a player and it will affect all players within a certain distance of them. I know this because at one point when Ned, Nich and I were standing on a rune, it affected all three of us and we were nowhere close to Steelbreaker. Also, I can recall parts of the fight where it only affected one individual according to the raid warnings.

In regards to the shield, I'm not certain that this is still affected by spellsteal or dispel/purge/tranq shot. I thought that I'd tried a few times to get rid of it and Tranq shot wouldn't fire. For those that don't know, Tranq shot will only go on cooldown if there was a valid buff on the target to remove.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:17 am 
Noob

I paid special attention to this on Thursday night, actually.

The giant red bubble he puts up is dispellable. Or something on him is that was up while he had the red bubble. I wasn't able to mouse over the debuffs, but I know i was able to dispel something.

I'll put combat log parses up later today. I simply forgot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:36 pm 
Noob

I'm trying to figure out what's killing Cane. Both HM attempts cane died early before we even got a chance to work on Steelbreaker.

The only thing I can reckon is Shield of Runes -- looking over the parses, when Runes is up, Molgeim will hit for upwards of 24k per swing (I don't know if demo was up at the time).

Regarding your comment, Cal, are you saying it is not firing at all when you are hammering your tranq key, or are you saying it is firing but nothing is happening? Because honestly with 6 people + 2 pets hammering into Molgeim at once what I reckon is happening is by the time your client acknowledges that a tranq shot can occur, 20k damage has already been done and the Shield is now the undispellable one, or something along those lines. Plus the arrow does have a travel time before it will dispel.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:46 am 
Noob

While I don't feel it's the most important thing, Steelbreaker's Static Disruption is only cast at targets at range. After watching the Ciderhelm vid, I will likely have us kill Molgeim first. Then Brundir and Steelbreake rare tanked basically on top of each other with everyone in melee range except for the hunters and Ned. Interrupts on Brundir will need to be zippy.

Check out the video linked above by Llew for more information (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B8hqGML-78).

I honestly think though with the 60 second tank death thingy and the lower-ish damage, Rebirth glyphing and precision-point positioning is not critical, but there's no reason to make the fight harder than it needs to be I suppose. I really think the fight's been nerfed to the point that the only real checks are 1) surviving Steelbreaker meleeing at +75% damage plus 2) said high damage fusion punches, 3) doing 3.3m - 3.6m damage in under 3:09 (19k RDPS), and 4) bringing 1 or more druids.