It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Strategy and Discussion: Lord Marrowgar
 Post subject: Strategy and Discussion: Lord Marrowgar
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:52 am 
Noob

Quote:
Bone Spike Graveyard: Hurls a massive bone spike which impales any enemies in the way. 3 sec cast, deals 10% health per sec for 5 minutes or until killed. Spikes have 37900HP in 25-Man Normal Mode.
Coldflame: Summons a line of frost that hits enemies in the way. Inflicts 7000 Frost damage every 1.0 sec for 3 sec.
Saber Lash: Splits 300% of normal melee damage to an enemy and its two nearest allies. 5 yd range, Next melee.
Saber Lash: Prevents the target from being impaled while tanking.
Whirlwind: Attacks nearby enemies in a whirlwind of bone, which causes them to bleed for 15 sec. Deals 7000 Physical damage and 2500 damage every 3 seconds. Instant cast, Marrowgar will emotes before he uses this ability.

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

Post subject: Re: Strategy and Discussion: Lord Marrowgar
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:21 am 
Gunner

Quote:
Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

To review previous in-game fixes, please visit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 8456&sid=1

12/14/09

Lord Marrowgar will now do significantly less melee damage in both the 10 player normal and 10 player heroic difficulty.

Well, it appears that they finally tuned it for two tanks instead of three on 10 man.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm 
Noob

I still think something needs to be done to clean this up. I don't know why it feels so sloppy.

My suggestion is to continue 3-healing it, mostly due to potential positioning issues or bone spikes, make sure tanks are getting misdirect/tricks right after his 4th boooooneeestoooorm charge, and be ready to pop a healthstone/pot if you're out of the center.

Yeah, yeah, I know we're 'beating' it, but it still feels horribly clunky :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:18 pm 
Noob

I think we're pretty close to having this on farm, we just have to work on situational awareness better. Everyone has to make sure they're not standing too far from the healers or DPS in case they get spiked. Always assume you're going to be next. The whirlwind phase is a bit chaotic and is probably just a matter of familiarity. Last night I was careless and let myself get cornered right next to Marrowgar at the end of the phase and subsequently got one-shotted.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:31 pm 
Gunner

My observations from last night:

1. Marrowgar has far too large of a hit box. As a hunter, it was sometimes very difficult to stay at range due to that. However, since his bone graveyard has a cast bar, I was running forward during that to get closer to melee. It helped in a few situations.

2. Healers were often a long way away from everyone else. Both Llew and Pepper were often way off by themselves. Ideally, we want most of the ranged somewhat grouped up behind the melee dps. Split somewhat equally to each side but not across the room as sometimes was happening. I am not saying to stand directly behind the melee but nearby at a slight offset. Yes, you may need to be somewhat stationary to heal, but you have two other healers that can cover the slack when you are forced to move. If the healers are split between the ranged groups, then only one of you will be moving.

3. People need to pay more attention to when bonestorm is ending. It can get confusing when trying to avoid the coldflames. The only people that have any reason to be attacking when it ends are tanks, rogues (tricks) and hunters (misdirect). There is no guarantee that he will immediately go for the tank. So, move away if he picks you as his fourth spin target.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 pm 
Noob

Positioning awareness is pretty huge. I hear an awful lot of "not in range" or "not in LoS" comments in vent during every raid. I'll say that's a 2-way street. And honestly I'd rather wipe than hear about it during fights at this point. Getting a bit annoying. Be in a logical and appropriate formation relative to the boss and your raiding buddies. If you're not, move.

Regarding this fight in particular, at about 12-15 yards it becomes fairly useless for me to break off and try to attack the boners. And I sure as hell am not going to risk getting gibbed running through the front of the boss to get to anyone. So a general "v" sort of spread would be logical and efficient.

GRAFIXX SPESHUL RADE FORMASHUN:

Pew HELZ Pew
..rog rog
....boss
...tanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:59 pm 
Noob

Gonna try to convert this over to a 2 healer fight. It's odd -- this fight has more damage incoming than any fight we've done in ICC outside of festergut and blood princes.

That said, the incoming damage is comparable to heroic anub'arak, which we 2-heal. So gonna give it a try. Ned, strap your skates on!

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:01 pm 
Noob

Aurorallew wrote:
Gonna try to convert this over to a 2 healer fight. It's odd -- this fight has more damage incoming than any fight we've done in ICC outside of festergut and blood princes.

That said, the incoming damage is comparable to heroic anub'arak, which we 2-heal. So gonna give it a try. Ned, strap your skates on!

I'm not opposed to trying it. I'd just caution everyone to not get upset when the inevitable "healer bone spiked during saber lash" wipe occurs :) Then again, the incoming damage may not be AS nutty anymore, at least on the geared tanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:02 am 
Noob