It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Strategy and Discussion: Maloriak
 Post subject: Strategy and Discussion: Maloriak
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:00 pm 
Noob

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

Post subject: Re: Strategy and Discussion: Maloriak
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:07 pm 
Noob

Listen to my podcast, Prefer Not To! It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:30 am 
Monkey Lover

Suggestions based on what I've seen from other sites:

Might want to have Llew be the boss tank and Arroll be offtank. Blocking is a ton of damage mitigation, and Llew's gonna have to burn so many runes on threat that he won't be able to death strike to make up for the inability to block. That also gives us the option of having Llew necrotic strike the boss, which negates a bit of remedy and could sub for Curse of Tongues.

Might want to have two offtanks. Llew can almost self heal through 3 adds, and 6 requires a bit of a healer, but I'd say it's not a major issue. Have fara or Tam or somebody throw on a shield/tanking 2h and swap to def stance/blood presence and hold 3, and the tank specced OT can hold 6, and when the adds are all dead we can have them swap stances. This mitigates the damage because instead of having 9 adds hitting for 260% of normal damage you have 6 hitting for 200% on a tank and 3 hitting for 140% on a pseudo tank. Plus it helps mitigate the aggro issues when a tank doesn't have to hold 9 mobs at once over healer aggro.

Finally, he casts exactly two release aberrations per vial phase, so we should interrupt the first one in red or blue, then let the next 3 (second one in first vial and both during the second vial)go, then interrupt the next 3 (both in green and first in red/blue), then let the next three go, and then it'll be the 2nd green phase and we're done with adds. This minimizes the ZOMGZ NINE ADDS POP COOLDOWN TIMES issues we were having. It should be noted that I'm not certain if the release aberrations he casts at the beginning which is always interrupted by the vial counts as one in this cycle. Don't believe it does.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:45 pm 
Boatswain

You could also have 1 dps as a full time add guy and have the add tank go half dps gear; call in reinforcements as needed ... interrupt every 2nd one. Double plate would be nice ... double dk would be awesome.

Primes ... can they be slowed and kited? cause they are going to wreck anyone in their path .... hrmmm, is it a fixate/kite thing aka "run away little girl!" ?

Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.