[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Ministry of Happy • View topic - Strategy and Discussion: Thorim (normal mode)
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Strategy and Discussion: Thorim (normal mode)
 Post subject: Strategy and Discussion: Thorim (normal mode)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:47 am 
Noob

reserved

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

Post subject: Re: Strategy and Discussion: Thorim (normal mode)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:38 pm 
Noob

Watch this Tankspot video pls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:11 pm 
Noob

This mob is MCable to grant a raid-wide haste buff that not only increases party haste by 20 percent but also gives an achievement. Just a thought, if we wanted Zy to go holy, i could MC one of these guys for when Thorim enters the arena.

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=32877#comments

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:56 pm 
Noob

Eroth basically got one-shotted by a 25k chain lightning last night. that says to me that there was too much grouping up.

Please remember not to group up for this fight, as chain lightning increases damage based on number of targets it hits.

Melee might also want to adopt a modified Kel'thuzad positioning for this fight, given that there are 6 of you up on his ass at any given time.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:50 pm 
Noob

We're position-limited on this encounter due to his chains, and strafing around a target that the tank is moving as well. I doubt you could hold a min-distance formation at the back of a moving target, out of a random direction conic aoe, with just 3 players, much less 6.

If you want melee to not group up this fight, then they'll pretty much have to not be melee.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:57 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:18 pm 
Noob

Ah, ranged moving away from melee is possible for sure.

Differences with positioning options for melee are:
KT is nearly stationary and faces the same direction the entire fight, with occasional void zones;
Thorim ballroom dances around the room, constantly moving position and facing, and has a sector aoe.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:37 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 am 
Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:02 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:40 pm 
Noob

Is BS imo, like most of the answers in that thread. But might as well try it out.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:02 pm 
Noob

The correct answer is just to send 7 people into the tunnel and engage hard mode in 50 seconds.

Or I may add another DPS to the arena, making a 6/4 split, since the arena team got there early once anyway. (That said I'd like to see what hard mode Thorim is like)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:34 pm 
Noob

On the second pull, when we killed him, I actually slowed the pace down in the tunnel so that we wouldn't hit hard mode. With 5, we generally have a good shot at getting to hard mode every time.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:36 pm 
Noob

Even when we picked Sif up by mistake, we slowed down. Could definitely add another to the Arena group if desired. However, Herb's problems with living weren't due to lack of dps in the Arena.