[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Ministry of Happy • View topic - Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (hard modes)
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (hard modes)
 Post subject: Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (hard modes)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:24 pm 
Noob

Again, from WoWwiki:

Hard Mode

Players who choose not to destroy towers up to Flame Leviathan will have to deal with their unique abilities named after the four Watchers in Ulduar. These towers will target the ground and place pillars of light colored correspondingly to their spell school. Direct contact with these beams can and should be avoided at all times.

* Storms (purple) - Lightning balls fall from the sky and splash down for Stormstrike damage.
* Flames (red/orange) - Slowly moves across the ground, creating a path of fire in its wake.
* Frost (sky blue) - Instantly freezes any machines on contact.
* Nature (green) - Spawns lashers periodically which have to be killed.

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

Post subject: Re: Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (hard modes)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:31 pm 
Noob

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:45 pm 
Noob

Orbit-uary hard or just one or two towers? I am interested in beginning work on hardmode FL soon.

Stratfu also have a 3-towers up hardmode youtube video:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:34 pm 
Noob

that was an orbit-uary strat. apparently if your 1 chopper driver is on the ball, you can apparently almost keep him chain-stunned.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm 
Noob

FYI -- ilevel scaling on the vehicle health is HUGE.

as an example, i stacked all of my 219/213 gear last night on the chopper such that i was > 50 percent over 213 gear on the bike.

my chopper had 700,000 health compared to arroll's 510,000 or so.

so, yeah -- huuuuge difference. put on every 213 piece of gear you have if you are a pilot.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:17 pm 
Noob

We need to get a lot better about avoiding damage and interrupting Flame Jets if we're going to make this happen.

Demolishers need to get to range and lob their attacks from as far as possible, also.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:39 am 
Noob

no u

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:49 am 
Noob

yes me!

I'd also suggest that we settle into some regular jobs and start actually focusing on this fight for hard modeage.

Things we'll need to change include:

1) Flame Jet interruptons
2) Choppers will have to deal with adds when we leave Freya's tower up
3) Come up with a demolisher strat --- either have both demolishers launch people onto FL, or have one demolisher launch someone but then require the second demolisher to keep a 10-stack of the pyrite dot up at all times.
4) Demolisher passengers need to be more aggressive using the "super speed" button when Demos are kiting.

There are other things too, i'm sure. I'm just a bit concerned because almost everyone was at sub 10 percent health when FL died this week, which isn't such a good omen for hard mode.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:54 am 
Noob

Our FL damage output is extremely low. That's one reason why it's taking so long and we're so low health. We should start tracking that similar to the other bosses, if we want to do hard mode.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:33 pm 
Noob

Post subject: FL talk
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:50 pm 
Noob

FL:

I think the Demos are supposed to do the most damage in this fight, via maintaining pyrite stacks.

Demo 2 was doing a lot more damage per hit, but had fewer pyrite ticks. So they ended up doing about the same amount of damage. I'm not sure how many pyrite ticks we should be seeing, but I assume more. Not sure what it's counting, but one Demo logged 10 direct hits of pyrite, leading to 36 ticks, and the other had 5, resulting in 26 ticks.

Siege gunners did pretty much exactly the same thing, but Gunner #2 was doing more damage per hit and had a higher crit rate. Have to assume that's gear-related. Both gunners did more damage than both demos.

Dropping a chopper to keep a full time demo gunner seems to make sense unless we're actually using choppers. They're pretty much useless for our current approach. Most of the chopper damage came from burning tar, but the chopper damage was 3% of the total damage.

FL flame vents did a total of 390k damage. One flame vent was not interrupted for no apparent reason. Siege engines took 63-66k each from flame vents. My siege engine started with 1.6m health, so that didn't seem like a glaring problem to me. The demos were getting hit by flame vent as much as the siege engines, which is probably a bigger problem than the flame vent damage itself. Demos should be at max range to keep stacks going. It also indicates a physical impossibility for choppers to lay tar between the FL and its target but stay outside of a 50-yard range.

Post subject: Re: Schedule, week of May 24
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:00 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:18 pm 
Noob

I think demo should be like these guys, only with 8 other players to distract FL, so each demo can do some real damage:

No chopper poses a bit of a pickup problem.

Are you demo pilot guys pressing 1 and 2 at the same time? They appear to have independent cooldowns.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:00 pm 
Noob

Hence the dropping a chopper to keep a full time gunner thing. 1 guy to fly. 1 guy to pick up the fly guy. 2 demo pilots. 2 demo gunners.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:07 pm 
Noob

roger, i got it. just was explaining the difficulty on the previous try. :)