[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Ministry of Happy • View topic - Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (hard modes)
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (hard modes)
 Post subject: Re: Schedule, week of May 24
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:17 pm 
Noob

I am pretty good about picking people up, so I nominate me on the chopper (suckers). And regarding damage..the damage I took on FL is meaningless since my chopper has like 750k or something HP in my gear. I can be as dangerous as I want so long as the boss dies while my vehicle's HP is above 0%. :P

One thing we'll have to make crystal is the demo with 3 people in it, once the gunner is fired, the passenger needs to immediately switch to gunner seat. I wonder how many folks aren't aware of the vehicle layout pane under the minimap..

Also, the tar has to be ignited by the demos. Not my fault :)

Post subject: Re: Strategy and Discussion: Flame Leviathan (hard modes)
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 am 
Noob

Good thread here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1

10-stack from 2 demos is the most important thing, by popular opinion.

One comment also recommended having siege gunners shooting pyrite down to help the demos.

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:24 pm 
Noob

Are demos running out of pyrite? Thread also mentions the demos can run 1.5 mins of rolling stack without a refill. Are there no refills going on?

Zhu mentioned the demo had a full 50 load of pyrite at the start - does each shot take one or more of these?

The parse shows 10 and 5 hits of pyrite for the demos - does that seem accurate?

Siege gunners have done the most damage every FL kill so far, doing 35-46k dps last kill. Demos were doing 33-35k dps last kill. Having the gunners reduce boss damage to shoot down pyrite seems kinda counter-productive unless we're sure that pyrite shortage is the issue and the pyrite will be used to good effect.

Nearly the entire boss damage in hard mode is supposed to come from the demos. Another thread mentions 250k+ demo dps as "good", so using a 100% markup from forum bullshit, I figure 125k dps from demos would be a reasonable target?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:36 pm 
Noob

I got 6 up before i started getting chased by FL. By the time i was done being chased, stack had ticked off. I may have gotten a few more in before running out of ammo, but never got up to 10. I feel reasonably certain that it's 5 or so barrels per stack. The stack ticks off after 10 seconds, and FL pursues someone for 30 seconds.

That means i'm going to have to stop twice -- at least -- when being chased in order to keep the stack up. Either that, or we tell the person on his back to wait until he targets a demolisher before doing shutdown.

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:25 pm 
Noob

Demo Pilot
Pyrite: 5 energy - 60k base damage + dot (12k dps/stack, stacks to 10)
Boulder: 0 energy - 30k base damage
Apparently these can be cast at the same time. Indicating a maximal base (no crits, bad gear) dps ramping up to 200k.

Base damage is increased by gear. Our boulders were hitting for an average of 45k each, for example. Parse shows total of 15 pyrite hits, ticking a total of 66 times, and 77 boulder casts, for both demos combined.

Demo Passenger
Mortar: 0 energy - 12k base damage + ignites tar
Anti-Air: 0 energy - 15k base damage (also ignites tar?)
Grab Crate: Adds 25 energy per crate.
Increase Speed: 25 energy - speed boost

Parse shows no crate grabs, one speed increase, 43 mortars, and 72 anti-air rockets (all hitting FL or tar). Only one demo had a passenger this fight.

Does the parse seem accurate?

If so, the demo pyrite counts would be exactly right - 10 pyrites (50 energy) from one demo, and 5 pyrites (25 energy) from the demo that got a speed boost (25 energy).

The logs seem to make sense. And they indicate a need to clarify and focus on the demo passenger role. Demos need passengers and demo passengers need to shoot down crates and grab them to restock the demo energy for pyrite. When a demo gets chased, the speed boost should allow the demo to create range in order to keep the stack alive... if the demo has a decent energy stock.

So priorities for demo passengers: grab crates, shoot crates down, speed boost if the driver calls for it, shoot boss/tar (very low priority).
Priorities for demo drivers: Keep pyrite stacks up, drive within 50 yards of crates, stay at max range, keep a finger always shooting boulders, and tell passenger when a speed boost is required to create range.

If getting enough pyrite crates turns out to be a problem, then siege gunners can help out with shooting down the crates. But that would be a huge waste in our current scenario, since nobody was picking up any crates in the first place.

---

Given a 10-stack of pyrite alone should be doing at least 120k dps (I believe amping up to 180k with our gear), the forums dps estimate seems fairly on track. 200k dps would be a 10-stack with an extra boulder every few seconds. Well, with no boulders since the pyrite itself should be hitting for 90k each..

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:10 pm 
Noob

If you're awesome you can do:

"Rolling pyrite is possible with only a pilot for the demolisher. They jump between seats to shoot down/hook pyrite and then pop back in the driver's seat to launch. I imagine it takes some practice and luck with where the pyrite lands. "

OH NOES DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:37 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:13 pm 
Noob

We should be able to test this fairly easily. I believe the only limitation is the need for a driver. Passenger/launcher should be able to shift without a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:33 am 
Noob

some ideas about which is the best way to practice +3 if your eye is on +4 eventually...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3087&sid=1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:37 am 
Noob

A few videos. First, a siege engine gunner. Much of his time is spent shooting down barrels, but he's very efficient at it. I'd prefer more time spent on barrels than he spends even, but that's because i'm a demo pilot.

Next, a demolisher pilot. Note how he paces out the pyrite barrels at the start. he launches one, moves a bit toward some barrels, then launches another a few seconds later. He actually lets the stack drop near the end of the fight, but rushes to get barrels and put it back up right as the fight is ending.

edited: to fix link

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:32 pm 
Noob

I'm at school, so just tagging this for later reading: http://mirrorshield.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... owers.html