[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Ministry of Happy • View topic - Strategy and Discussion: Mimiron (hard mode)
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Strategy and Discussion: Mimiron (hard mode)
 Post subject: Strategy and Discussion: Mimiron (hard mode)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:48 am 
Noob

hahahah -- check out the video.

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

Post subject: Re: Strategy and Discussion: Mimiron (hard mode)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:44 am 
Noob

Basically, you have to do Mimiron in 8 minutes while kiting fires around the room. Whee!

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:22 am 
Noob

Couple things for our normal strat, though, which is using the outside edge of the room on any phase that involves a tank (something I was thinking of switching to anyway), as well as LoSing the head to a corner. I don't want to do that at the moment yet but I will be working on making the phase more of a burn by having all melee join the ranged when the head drops.

Also, Furah's much better at core duty than me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:28 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:56 am 
Noob

bumping this to get people to watch the video -- please pay close attention to how they kite the fires.

also please note that phase 3 requires constant movement around the room. and that each time a phase ends, they gather in a tight cluster at the wall in order to control where fires spawn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:21 am 
Noob

Tankspot guide:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:22 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:11 pm 
Noob

Seems like a pretty good idea. I think I need to go back to playing a ranged class so I better assist with positioning stuff :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:46 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:30 pm 
Noob

I think we should also consider chaining the bot beacon thingies back to back, so that Nichneven has to move less -- she'll only have to really kite the head into position once.

Have everyone focus on the first 2 assault bots until they're down, then have Nich kite the head to a safe spot and chain the beacon thingies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:14 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:30 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:55 pm 
Noob

Something I think would help our Phase 3 (and subsequently p4) a whole lot, and I never really considered it:

"As described in the Transition section, the raid should now be grouped up in the largest open area of the room and the Flames should be at their "spawn cap." This gives the raid a decent amount of room to work with to do Phase 3. Two main changes need to be made to the easy mode strategy however, as follows:

1. Emergency Fire Bots are the top DPS priority. Ranged DPS should kill Fire Bots that spawn away from the raid, and melee DPS should kill any that they can reach. Killing these bots is more important than anything else in Phase 3. This is done to prevent the silence and prevent the Fire Bots from actually extinguishing any fire. If this is done correctly the Flames will remain capped, leaving the current section of the room (where the raid is positioned) open."

Apparently, the flames have a 50-ish spawn cap, which makes sense; i've noticed at certain times flames just stop spawning until extinguished. The implications this would have on our phase 3 would be amazing--most of our struggles have been due to raid separation and range due to fire.

http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbgu ... ide_id=672

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:32 pm 
Boatswain

Flames having a cap was something I didnt know. Getting those extinguisher bots down might be tough, they have lots of hp and do their thing pretty quickly AND there is a ton of other shit that needs attention at that time. BUT, that all being said, I'm not adverse to trying it. Much like college, I'll try anything ONCE.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:26 pm 
Noob