[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Ministry of Happy • View topic - Strategy and Discussion: Yogg-Saron (normal mode)
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Strategy and Discussion: Yogg-Saron (normal mode)
 Post subject: Strategy and Discussion: Yogg-Saron (normal mode)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:49 am 
Noob

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

Post subject: Re: Strategy and Discussion: Yogg-Saron (normal mode)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 pm 
Noob

updated with video. Shall we start discussing roles and responsibilities?

It will be just like back when we used Vent, only I can't hear you calling me an idiot!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:10 am 
Noob

bumping for people to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:06 pm 
Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:12 am 
Noob

rebump. This guy can suck it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:51 am 
Noob

Agreed.

Firstly, while Teh Internets says crusher->constrictor->assholes-that-disease or w/e, the constrictors should be top priority because 1 person tied up is 10% of the raid. And if it's a healer, that means a cleanser as well. Plus they only have 20k hp. DBM doesn't announce constrict though, so alerts are important.

Something llew and I have been talking about is how to properly handle crushers; to use a heroism to finish off the guardians on p1-p2 transition, or wait until crusher #1. Regardless I think once we devise a way of ensuring the first crusher is dead or at least really hurt before portals, we won't be as behind and will be free to kill some of the tentacles that are assholes and dot up the raid.

Also, one thing Llew was particularly shrill on, and I did not correct and was wrong on as well, is for melee to stay out of crusher tentacle range. This is not technically true, let me explain.

Crusher tentacles hit for very little until they are attacked. When they are attacked they gain a stacking buff that increases attack speed and damage by 3% each. So the proper way to handle this is for a tank to tank them while the raid does some DPS, until 40-50 stacks or so are on the crusher tentacle. Then the entire raid must stop attacks for a second or two (including the tank) to let the buff drop, then resume. Red-light, Green-light.

This I think will help contribute greatly since we were yelling for melee to stay away from crushers, including the first crusher. So this is wrong and will be fixed for next week.

Last edited by Tamraine on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:02 am 
Noob

Also, I think it's important to keep an eye on specific debuffs that the Asshole tentacles apply and cleanse/scrub accordingly.

- A full duration of Draining Poison (18 seconds) will entirely OOM a healer, as it drains 21,000 mana. It does some damage as well, but what doesn't.

- Disease: Black Plague (2s stun every 3s) is actually the worst I think, since it chain stuns you.

- Curse of Doom (12s before blooming) is sorta okay on tanks since it's only 20k pre-resist damage, but it'll nearly 1-shot cloth or DPS.

- Magic: Apathy is fairly important as it makes life worse, but it isn't critical for survival.

All Asshole tentacles are interruptable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:17 am 
Noob

Can cast while in constrictor tentacles. Well, I could anyway. Cast time spells and cleanses. YMMV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 am 
Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:52 pm 
Noob

Could we maybe get a phase-by-phase breakdown of what everyone is supposed to be doing according to our current strats? I think it would be of aid, given some of the questions i'm hearing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:19 pm 
Noob

Quick note from tankspot, only for emphasis because every attempt I've been in on, we've struggled with portals:

Though counterintuitive, your portal team is far more important to what goes on outside of Yogg-Saron than the group that's actually killing adds outside of Yogg-Saron. The big breakthrough for us was realizing that killing all tentacles inside the portals within 20 seconds prevented some Crushers and Corruptors from spawning. We wasted a lot of time moving DPS outside of Yogg to handle tentacle spawns before realizing that simply killing the tentacles in the portals faster would make all the difference.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:20 pm 
Noob

Might we want to think about employing Searing Totem on phase 3? drop searing near melee so the mobs are a) beelining less often to healers and b) closer to the tank for him to pick up?

downside is that we screw over ned again by losing wrath totem.